Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming ISBN: 978-0-471-76293-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming by Baijian Yang, Pei Zheng, Lionel M. Ni; ISBN: 9780471762935
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming ISBN: 978-0-471-76293-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 16th, 2007, 09:32 PM

Default Welcome to the Smartpone Programming forum!

Welcome!

Feel free to share your ideas, hacks, and ask questions about the book, the code, etc. We will try our best to help you!

The Pro Smartphone Programming team

Old April 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Looks like I am the first to post. Thanks for the book and I look forward to comleting the reading in the next few weeks. The timing was perfect because I am now into a couple of projects that involve Windows Mobile 5.x

-Ed

Old April 7th, 2007, 12:31 AM

Thanks for choosing the book!

Let us know if you have any questions.

FYI, Windows Mobile 6 (Crossbow) is out. You can download WM6 SDK from Microsoft's website:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Old April 15th, 2007, 10:56 PM

Awesome. This looks very good. Thanks for the information.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to zionvier

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for writing this book. I've had my treo 700 for over a year now and have only developed a couple simple programs for it, a mortgage calculator and little things like that. I'm a developer by profession, but don't have any experience with C# and it's been quite a few years since I've touch C/C++. I've mainly been developing in VB.Net, so I'm familure with .Net. I think it's great that someone has put all the pieces together in one place to get knowledge in C# and the Mobile SDK.

I've been looking for a book like this for some time. I'm glad I discovered it on ACM.

From what I've read so far it looks very well written and informative.

-Pete

Old June 23rd, 2007, 06:06 PM

Well, I like the book also. But when I try to unzip the programming samples, it asks for a key (password). Is this printed somewhere?

Thanks!

Old June 25th, 2007, 03:07 PM

EB,

Only pei knows the password to this sample application and I believe he will be posting it soon. Thanks for your patience.

Baijian

Old July 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by EB
 Well, I like the book also. But when I try to unzip the programming samples, it asks for a key (password). Is this printed somewhere?

Thanks!

I think you are talking about opening the FirstSmartphoneApp project, right? The password prompt is for importing a user-generated pfx file.

I am sorry I don't remember the password either ...
But you can get around by re-configuring the project to stop using FirstSmartphoneAppKey.pfx to sign the assembly. Go to Project->Signing, un-check the box "Sign the assembly", and rebuild the project.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

-Pei

Old July 27th, 2007, 02:03 PM

I too am new to "SmartPhone" and "PocketPC" programming, and new to .NET Compact Framework. However, since buying the book, and working with the many helpful examples/samples, I feel very confident tackling many advanced concepts of developing applications for these platforms. Nice job with the book!!! (Any prospects for an encore? a "part 2" to the book?)

I am curious though, about accessing the microphone device on a smarthpone. I have a Moto Q.
Any tips on manipulating this device? Am I required to use the TAPI interface?

Also, does anyone know of any web sites advertising application ideas for these platforms, for which the advertiser does not have the expertise or resources to develop the application?

TIA

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Default Help with Error

Hi,

I am trying to add an existing SQL Serve CE database file to a project in Visual Studio but i keep getting the following error : "Value does not fall within the expected range". Can someone please explain this error for me and how i can fix it?

Thanks