Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming ISBN: 978-0-471-76293-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming by Baijian Yang, Pei Zheng, Lionel M. Ni; ISBN: 9780471762935
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional Microsoft Smartphone Programming ISBN: 978-0-471-76293-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 19th, 2007, 01:22 AM

Default Thank you!

I want to thank the Baijan, Pei and Lionel for writing the Professional Smartphone Programming book.

I started programming C#.NET Compact Framework a few days ago, expecting to take several weeks to accomplish my goal of developing a fairly complex "multimedia & connectivity" application. Using this book I was able to produce a functional demo in less than two weeks! In 1/3rd the time!

The book filled in blanks that I didn't even know I'd encounter during this project.

I worked 4 years in the WinCE team on v2.0 and v3.0 (a long time ago); I WISH I HAD THIS BOOK back then!

I plan to post many entries to this forum as I develop my applications for Smartphones and PPCs.

Thanks again, guys! :D

Best regards,
--Scott

Old March 12th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Hi,

Good day to you.

I have developed an application where user sends information in the form of sms to a specific number, now I want that the user has an option to send it through GPRS, if GPRS is available.

I am also trying to use the key combination to perform a specific task, at present if I press key 5 it gives me some stored information into the textboxes.

I want to use the key combination # and 5 or create a short cut keys to get the information into the textboxes

May be you can help me out.

Thanks & Regards
LTCCTL