Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Silverlight 1.0 ISBN 978-0-470-22840-1
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Silverlight 1.0 by Devin Rader, Jason Beres, J. Ambrose Little, Grant Hinkson; ISBN: 9780470228401
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Silverlight 1.0 ISBN 978-0-470-22840-1 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old November 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM

Default Chapter 5 code doesn't work

OK -First I went through ch 5. My code didn't work and the IE error made no sense. I tried to go through the code - but that didnt' work.

So, I copied the code from the download over. Still didn't work.

Last resort - I opened the entire download solution - still didn't work. So, I shut down the browser, shut down Visual Studio and restarted. Low-and-behold, the buttons now show and work.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Old November 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Wrox Author

No, I can't say I've seen that. I've seen some weirdness with caching where I had to, believe it or not, recycle a Web app to get the new Silverlight to download. I haven't had time to track the issue down.

Glad you got it working, though.

J. Ambrose Little
Co-Author of Pro ADO.NET 2, ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks, and Silverlight 1.0
UXG Group Lead at Infragistics
Old November 26th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Authorized User

I think you might see this if you don't save your changes in the javascript files and html files before you run the test. You might also have to rebuild the project. You need to do this because the editors for the javascript file and the HTML files are not built into Expression Blend 2. It has to open the files and read the data and if you haven't saved your data, it reads the old data from the files.