p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: Professional Ajax ISBN: 978-0-471-77778-6 (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Help with Chapter ten JPSpan (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=43631)

Creed666 June 7th, 2006 08:37 AM

Help with Chapter ten JPSpan

I'm running WIndows 200 Server, with php 5.1.4 & apache 2.0.58, as I had issues with the php5apache2.dll and Apache 2.2. But my question is when I try to run the example from the book for CostumerClient-JPSpan I keep getting the error "customer" is undefined within my browser which is ie 6 sp1, could some please advise me as to where I maybe going wrong?

As a last restort I even downloaded the full code example from the wrox website and got the same issue. I think its because the JPSpan is not catching the file.

Thanks

joefawcett June 7th, 2006 08:51 AM

Try typing the URL to the client-side JavaScript file into your browser's address bar. (Can't remember the address, post the HTML of CustomerClient-JPSpan if you can't find it.)
See if the JavaScript is returned.

--

Joe (Microsoft MVP - XML)

Creed666 June 7th, 2006 09:10 AM

Joe,

Here is the info out of the htm <script type="text/javascript" src="CustomerServer-JPSpan.php?client"></script>
should this be .js and not .php?

Thanks

joefawcett June 7th, 2006 09:19 AM

No, that's right, the JPSpan page automatically creates the JavaScript when passed the "client" querystring.
paste CustomerServer-JPSpan.php?client into your browser's address bar and let me know what happens.

--

Creed666 June 7th, 2006 09:26 AM

Joe,

this is what I get :-
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /CustomerClient-JPSpan.php was not found on this server.</p>

<address>Apache/2.0.58 (Win32) PHP/5.1.4 Server at localhost Port 80</address>
</body></html>

it gives a 404 but the php file is on the server! now I'm confused

joefawcett June 7th, 2006 09:39 AM

Can you test with a simple html page in the same folder as CustomerClient-JPSpan.php?

--

Creed666 June 7th, 2006 09:50 AM

Joe,

A simple html page works ok, as does a simple php page connecting to the sales.mdb. here is what I get in the browser when I run the CustomerClient-JPSpan page:-

Warning: require_once(../JPSpan/JPSpan.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CustomerServer-JPSpan.php on line 43

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../JPSpan/JPSpan.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\CustomerServer-JPSpan.php on line 43

Other example files work ok, not sure why this one isnt!

Creed666 June 7th, 2006 11:05 AM

Joe,

Thanks for you guideness and cracking read, sorted the issues out.

sivaranjanitg April 18th, 2014 01:37 AM

How did you solve that issue?

hi Creed666,
I am also having the same issue and i am new to PHP and JPSPAN both.
Kidnly give your solution .