p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950 (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=472)
-   -   preview version of TheBeerHouse MVC on CodePlex (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=72020)

vantoko December 30th, 2008 05:16 PM

preview version of TheBeerHouse MVC on CodePlex

Hi,

is it possible that this version is not supported on web developer express 2008?

tnx

koen

dparsons December 30th, 2008 05:18 PM

Hello. I am the Technical Editor on this title and have been testing the code with Visual Studio 2008 Pro without much problem. What issue(s) are you having with the preview?

Thanks.
-Doug

vantoko December 30th, 2008 05:28 PM

Hi Doug,

I just opened the solution file in the MVC folder.
I'm using Visual Web Developer 2008 Express edition (so not the Pro)
I get an error on the database.dbp file indicating that this project type is not supported by this version of the application

koen

dparsons December 30th, 2008 05:57 PM

Ya thats the database project. What you can do, instead of trying to open the site via the solution file is just go to File --> Open Website and select the TheBeerHouse folder as the website folder.

Let me know if this works for you.

hth.
-Doug

vantoko December 31st, 2008 04:49 AM

Hi Doug,

I just opened the website using express. However, when I hit F5, I get this error :

Error 1 Could not load type 'TheBeerHouse.GlobalApplication'. C:\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Global.asax 1

is this a seperate build ?

koen

dparsons December 31st, 2008 05:45 PM

I am trying to get this resolved I will let you know what I come up with.

dparsons December 31st, 2008 06:26 PM

Ok I spoke with one of the authors so try this.

Navigate to the 'TheBeerHouse' directory (Make sure you are in the MVC folder!) inside you will find a project file named 'TheBeerHouse.csproj' double click that and it should open the website for you.

hth.
-Doug

vantoko January 1st, 2009 02:49 PM

Hi Doug

First of all happy 2009 :)

thanks for the info.
I can now open the project and start it by hitting F5.
I do get this error.

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled by user code
Message="The type initializer for 'TheBeerHouse.Configuration.TheBeerHouseSection' threw an exception."
Source="TheBeerHouse"
TypeName="TheBeerHouse.Configuration.TheBeerHouseS ection"
StackTrace:
at TheBeerHouse.Models.ArticleQueries.GetPublishedArt icles(Table`1 source, String category, Int32 page) in C:\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Models\ArticleQue ries.cs:line 159
at TheBeerHouse.Controllers.ArticleController.Index(S tring category, Int32 page) in C:\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Controllers\Artic leController.cs:line 26
at lambda_method(ExecutionScope , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(Cont rollerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActio nMethod(MethodInfo methodInfo, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__Displa yClassc.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__9()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActio nMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
InnerException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
Message="Unrecognized element 'newsletter'. (C:\\TheBeerHouse_MVC\\TheBeerHouse\\web.config line 29)"
Source="System.Configuration"
BareMessage="Unrecognized element 'newsletter'."
Filename="C:\\TheBeerHouse_MVC\\TheBeerHouse\\web. config"
Line=29
StackTrace:
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Evalu ateOne(String[] keys, SectionInput input, Boolean isTrusted, FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Evalu ate(FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult, Boolean getLkg, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ctionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ction(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ction(String configKey)
at System.Web.HttpContext.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.G etSection(String sectionName)
at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.G etSection(String sectionName)
at TheBeerHouse.Configuration.TheBeerHouseSection..cc tor() in C:\TheBeerHouse_MVC\TheBeerHouse\Configuration\The BeerHouseSection.cs:line 9
InnerException:

I will try to figure it out the next days when I have more time

koen

jiang January 1st, 2009 10:56 PM

Wondering if anybody know the password for admin

I tried Admin and 1.admin.1 to no avail. Anybody can help?

Thanks,

Jiang

dparsons January 1st, 2009 11:36 PM

If memory serves me (I am not at my dev machine right now) there was not an account explicitly called 'Admin' in the users table. In any event, the way to circumvent this would be to signup as a user for TBH then go into the database and add yourself to the Admin role.

Pretty simple really =]

hth.
-Doug