p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950 (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=472)
-   -   Limited Access Free Preview to chapters (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=73191)

jminatel March 9th, 2009 02:52 PM

Limited Access Free Preview to chapters

After the requests by DannyC and Avraham Nahir earlier to provide early access to the chapters from this book, we had planned to sell the chapters in this unfinished form. However, we've decided instead to provide a limited free preview access to these chapters. Here are the conditions:
  • You have to agree not to redistribute the chapters
  • You have to contact me through email in the forums to request permission for access and tell me who you are.
  • The first 10 people to contact me and request permission will get access initially
  • If you can't email me through the forum because you haven't been a member long enough, please don't ask
  • DannyC and Avraham Nahir: Please respond (you can say OK here in the forum if you can't email me) and I'll add both of you
Chapters 1 and 2 are posted now. I should have chapters 3 and 4 posted later today. Other chapters will be posted over the new few weeks as they are available.

AspNew March 9th, 2009 06:14 PM

I am interested in the preview, how does one contact you?

Thanks!

P.S. After reading the FAQ, I now know why I didn't see your email icon (hence couldn't send you email) and why you ignored me. Actually comparing to the two gentlemen you quoted, I don't see my profile is so much out of line:).

Anyway, after waiting too long for this book to show up (I pre-ordered it in amazon when it said it will be available in April but now it was postponed to June), I ended up buying the ASP.NET 3.5 Enterprise Application Development book by Varallo (please see my posts there), and I also sent an errata (Incident: 090307-000098) on this book to the wrox (all before this thread by you), so it is not like I am here looking for free book.

Avraham Nahir March 18th, 2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jminatel (Post 236573)
DannyC and Avraham Nahir: Please respond (you can say OK here in the forum if you can't email me) and I'll add both of you

OK and thanks! That's grand of you!

Avi (Avraham) Nahir

jminatel March 18th, 2009 03:35 PM

Avi: I've added permission for you for the preview.

jminatel March 30th, 2009 05:01 PM

Chapters 5-8 are now available in the private preview forum for those with access.

AspNew March 30th, 2009 05:45 PM

No need to torture those of us who has no access, email them individually is sufficient.

jminatel March 31st, 2009 10:56 AM

AspNew: You've been around long enough, I'll add you to the access list. Anyone else here needs access and can't email me, post your polite request here in this forum and I'll add you until the requests overwhelm me.

AspNew March 31st, 2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jminatel (Post 238429)
AspNew: You've been around long enough, I'll add you to the access list. Anyone else here needs access and can't email me, post your polite request here in this forum and I'll add you until the requests overwhelm me.

Hi Jim,

Thanks a billion.

Sorry I was just being sarcastic.

2000JANUS April 5th, 2009 05:50 PM

Hello! I'm also so interresting about preview of your book. Please contact with me to give me access to preview's chapters

fozgul April 10th, 2009 06:58 AM

Please allow me to download those chapters

Hello Sir,
I am an advocate of Wrox Software books, and I recently purchased Mr. Vincent Varollo's book as well as a pdf file called Mr. Bellinaso's LINQuefying BeerHouese article.So I am very much into ASp.NET software aplication development
I am interested in deep involment with ASP.NET MVC , and I feel this book will fill a gap in this field.
By the way I hold a degree in Textile Engineering and a master's degree in Software Engineering.
Fevzi Ozgul
Istanbul/Turkey