p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: ASP.NET MVC Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 9780470410950 (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=472)
-   -   BeerHouse Code (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=74510)

zondre May 21st, 2009 02:06 AM

BeerHouse Code

Aloha,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had to enable session state in the web.config file and add the storekeeper role to the database to get the final download completely functional.

nberardi May 21st, 2009 08:12 AM

Hi zonde,

You don't actually need the sessionState enabled for anything. Did you find a place that you needed it?

zondre May 21st, 2009 01:25 PM

Session State

I may be missunderstanding it, but when I try to run the project without session state enabled I get the following error:

The SessionStateTempDataProvider requires SessionState to be enabled

It's related to line 19 in Default.aspx - HttpHandler...

When I enabled sessionstate it worked fine. Should I be doing something else? Or is this error specific to something I am doing?

nberardi May 21st, 2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zondre (Post 241633)
I may be missunderstanding it, but when I try to run the project without session state enabled I get the following error:

The SessionStateTempDataProvider requires SessionState to be enabled

It's related to line 19 in Default.aspx - HttpHandler...

When I enabled sessionstate it worked fine. Should I be doing something else? Or is this error specific to something I am doing?

That is weird, I am not getting that error at all. What version of MVC are you running? Do you have an old version installed in your GAC?

zondre May 21st, 2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nberardi (Post 241634)
That is weird, I am not getting that error at all. What version of MVC are you running? Do you have an old version installed in your GAC?

I have version 1.0.4... I believe it's the latest version. I have been keeping current on all of my updates. And, I'm using VS2008 version 9.0.3...

nberardi May 21st, 2009 02:22 PM

What do you mean 1.0.4? Are you using somebody else branch build of the MVC Framework? Because it was released as version 1.0.0.0. And there is really nothing to keep up with, just download the latest off Microsoft Download.

If you are using a different version that could be the reason for the problem.

zondre May 21st, 2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nberardi (Post 241637)
What do you mean 1.0.4? Are you using somebody else branch build of the MVC Framework? Because it was released as version 1.0.0.0. And there is really nothing to keep up with, just download the latest off Microsoft Download.

If you are using a different version that could be the reason for the problem.

I checked the properties on the mvc.dll and it says it's file version 1.0.40310.0. I downloaded it from Microsoft. I just didn't know if any of my VS updates or regular Windows updates included an update for MVC. But, it looks like that is not the case.

By the way, I also had a yellow exclamation mark on the references to both managedfusion files, which came up as build errors. It said it couldn't find the files. I removed the them and added the reference again and it was fine.

I bought the book already when it was first available. But, I am anxious to learn more about MVC and so I am trying to use the MVC professional book together with this code to figure it out.

nberardi May 21st, 2009 03:36 PM

Hmmm... Okay you got the version from a different place that I did. I used the GAC version, you used the File or Product version. They appear to be the same, I honestly don't know what would be causing this difference, but I will add in the sessionState to be safe. Also we are working through some of the issues in the assembly such as those you mentioned, we will be replacing the current download with the newest one.