p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: ASP.NET 4 Website Programming Problem Design Solution (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=540)
-   -   Now open: ASP.NET 4.0 Problem - Design - Solution EAP (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=77761)

Lee Dumond June 16th, 2011 05:21 PM

I am sure Wrox is not giving up on the PDS format. As Jim pointed out though, it is an extremely difficult format to write for. It's more than twice as difficult than writing a regular book, because you need to develop a full-fledged application as well as well as write the book, and you have to tie them both together as well. I would love to take another shot at it sometime... maybe when MVC 4 comes out. ;)

Web June 17th, 2011 04:34 AM

I realise it must be very hard to write and a lot of work. Maybe another idea would be to break it down into separate books - one main one that goes through a comprehensive architecture including the common elements found in every app (design patterns, structuring the code to enable team work / modular extensions, security options, layout options, styling options etc. Instead of building a fully fledged application for the book to try and cover all bases, this core book would just provide a basic app with example CRUD implementation on different devices, managing data from different sources. This book could then form the core application framework upon which each separate book in the series could then focus on a specific real world site type and associated typical feature sets -ie a book for building a blog, a book for e-commerce, a book for a company public site / intranet site, a book for optimising for phones etc etc. Each book in the range could just focus on typical features and how those feature sets would plug into the main framework described in the core book. If all books followed the same consistent PDS format and writing style - that would be my idea of the perfect range of books! Still a lot of work overall but would maybe enable quicker turnaround of individual books, enable separate authors with particular strengths to contribute and would cater to a wider audience.

intesols June 20th, 2011 06:56 AM

Search Engine Optimization Melbourne

I would definitely consider the Amazon reviews for the website 3.5, and that put me out to buy the book at the end. I think a section on ADO.NET Entity Framework would be good. Not having bought a book of this series before I do not know if it includes exercises with answers, but if they can put a chapter in the answers in the back instead of making them downloadable. The answers do not usually download include explanations of the solutions of the "Response" sections to make and this is very useful. Regards,

http://www.intesols.com.au/services/...imisation.html

jok14 July 11th, 2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Dumond (Post 252568)
I hope to get most of the new ASP.NET 4 stuff in -- routing, ViewState optimization, ClientIDMode, Charting, new template features ofr rich controls, the new Menu control, the new Web Deployment model, etc.

You'll see a lot of C# 4.0 stuff in there too, along with quite a lot of LINQ to Objects and LINQ to Entities, and most of the new EF 4 features.

There will be extensive use of jQuery, both for DOM manipulation, and showing its usefullness an a client-side AJAX library.

I haven't really decided if I'm gonna use ASMX or WCF for services yet.

There are some other goodies thrown in there too. I show how to roll your own theme system that let's you associate client-side script with themes (that can be totally different on a theme-by-theme basis). There will also be a really extensive Administration module that will dig way into the Configuration API, and will let you do things like alter custom configuration attributes online.

Really just scratching the surface here though. [:)]

Could I ask when to release? yes, It will be great to bring WCF for services.
I think it can be separated in 2 books, as too much tehnologies bring.

And I just view the previous comments, it will be delayed?
I am pretty sure, I will be the first buyer. thanks for 2.0 version. Please ASAP

The_Ryan July 26th, 2012 03:55 AM

I like the way you are dedicated to your work, in your books do include the things around ASP.Net. like CMS and other tools which make ASP.Net easier than it was ever.

briandre July 26th, 2012 04:16 AM

???

It has been almost three years since the author announced this book. I don't think he will get this book done.

Staceysmith July 23rd, 2013 04:19 AM

Hey is that book done or what..??or yet to be..?