p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: Enterprise Android: Programming Android Database Applications for the Enterprise (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=751)
-   -   Fragment Framework import (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=93140)

rbeech2303 June 24th, 2014 08:39 AM

Fragment Framework import

Hi - I've downloaded the code examples from wrox and github, extracted the directories, gone to Import Projects, selected root directory but only Contactscontractexample and HumanInterfaceForData projects appear.
Why don't the other projects show up in the Import ? Thanks

mmartian43 July 2nd, 2014 11:48 AM

.gitignore

I did some checking and the file necessary for ATD/Eclipse to recognize the folder as a project are specifically called out in the .gitignore file. The files we're interested in include: .project and .settings. I don't yet know about .classpath.
The .project file is easy enough to recreate.
I don't have any more information or anything of use at this time, sorry.

discussea July 16th, 2014 10:07 PM

README...

The READMEs for each project explains in detail how to run the examples:

In this case the relevant steps for eclipse include:

=== From a *NIX shell prompt
$ cd tools
$ . setup.sh

We do this to avoid git conflicts when you pull for updates.

discussea July 17th, 2014 01:47 PM

The setup script copies the eclipse files into place...

A little non- intuitive, but designed to prevent conflicts if you pull an update from git.

RickDroid August 6th, 2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discussea (Post 298431)
The READMEs for each project explains in detail how to run the examples:

In this case the relevant steps for eclipse include:

=== From a *NIX shell prompt
$ cd tools
$ . setup.sh

We do this to avoid git conflicts when you pull for updates.

I am assuming we are to go \FragmentFramework\tools\ to make that command? However, using a Cygwin64 Terminal shell, I get

Code:

$ . setup.sh
-bash: setup.sh: No such file or directory

I already installed Cygwin and Ant for doing Android NDK development. The book makes no mention (yet) of installing anything other than Eclipse For Java EE and the Android SDK (ADT). So, I have no idea where the setup.sh command would come from.

Thanks.

RickDroid August 7th, 2014 05:35 PM

I see what the problem is. The FragmentFramework project is missing the README file and its \tools\ directory is missing the setup.bat and setup.sh files. I figured this out by looking through the other projects.

So, the book and the first project are missing the information we would need to figure out how to import the project into Eclipse, and your only response (posted two weeks after the questions was asked) tells us to use a command that isn't there?

Oh boy. This is not a good way to start off a book. Something this stupid (obvious and fixable) should be addressed in the errata or something. Maybe 4 authors is just too many? [:p]

gm12 October 14th, 2014 07:18 AM

Windows?

It would also be useful to include how to do this on Windows machines.