p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/index.php)
-   BOOK: Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer 2nd edition (http://p2p.wrox.com/forumdisplay.php?f=786)
-   -   A Request to Download/ Offine-access to videos of "Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer" (http://p2p.wrox.com/showthread.php?t=95138)

vivekg October 20th, 2015 10:52 AM

A Request to Download/ Offine-access to videos of "Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer"

Hello,

I wrote to Tom Urtis the following email and he has asked me to raise it on the forum.

May I make a request:

Please provide a link to be able to download the accompanying video to the second edition of your book, "Excel VBA 24-Hour Trainer".

The the link, [secret customer link only removed], ONLY allows us to view the video.

As I would want to access/ view the videos at home, where I do not have access to high-speed broadband (as in my office), I am facing the problem.

Moreover, even while viewing the videos, I have no option to increase the playing-speed of the videos (just to save time...)

May I request you to kindly provide me a link to download the videos (for offline viewing), OR provide me a link to the DVD containing these videos...

An early response would be appreciated, as my classes begin in 2-weeks time.

jminatel October 30th, 2015 11:34 AM

vivekg: Thanks for your patience with us while we sorted this out for you and for working with us privately to get you a solution to this. I'm glad it worked out for you.

AndrewC March 18th, 2016 10:32 AM

Hi,

Was anything ever sorted on this as it would be very handy for me too - I quite often work without an internet connection and the videos would be very handy to have as a reminder at times.

Thanks

Andrew

AndrewC June 21st, 2016 10:26 AM

Hi,

Just wondering if you can give an update on this as it would be so much easier to have offline access to the videos.

Thanks

Andrew[:)]

jminatel June 23rd, 2016 01:20 PM

This is a good suggestion and yes, we've now added a Download link on the main page for the streaming videos that will take you to a list of all the videos to download. Thank you for your patience.

I request from us, please don't share the links to the videos or the video download. We want to keep these exclusively for those of you who paid for them and accessed via the address we published in the book. We've resisted adding password protection or other technical hurdles to prevent sharing. It's an honor system.

So I've also edited a couple of posts here that mentioned the link. Thanks.

AndrewC June 24th, 2016 03:29 AM

Hi Jim,

Thats brilliant thanks for getting it sorted [:)]

Regards

Andrew

stevef56 January 8th, 2017 12:11 PM

I just purchased the book, can I get a link to the videos too?

tomurtis January 10th, 2017 05:34 PM

Hi Steve - -

Thanks for buying the book. The link to the videos is on page xxviii, in the second-to-last sentence of the paragraph entitled "How This Book is Structured".