I need some assistance with relationship structure for MS Access 2010.
The purpose / goal / outcome ... is to track vendor certification compliance / cert expiry dates
Key table/data sets
- Company (includes all vitals and seperately links to contacts within company)
- Product Category (there are approx a dozen of these, but some company can have more than one)
- Products (each Product Category can have many Products)
- Certifications (there are hundreds of certifications/specifications ... some products have none, whilst others may have many)
- Form to Select company's with Product Categories (1 or more)
- this cascades to Select Products within each Product Category for that Company
- based on the selected Products ... there cascades the required Certifications for each Product selected
- Input fields to enter actual certification number and expiry date for each 'required certificate'
- Notification to alert for expired certificates.
The purpose of the DB is to:
Monitor multiple companies for certification compliance
Provide other searches for compliant Companies by Product categories, Products or Certificate Types.
(not sure how to attach screen Shot of existing DB Relationship table)