Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional For advanced ASP.NET 1.x coders. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums. NOT for "classic" ASP 3 or the newer ASP.NET 2.0 and 3.5
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 23rd, 2005, 02:09 PM
Friend of Wrox
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Copenhagen, , Denmark.
Posts: 440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Refresh problem with ASP.NET on Linux

Cannot figure out what is wrong, and I hope you can.

I am running an Apache Web Server on Fedora (Linux), and I have Mono up and runing, however I have a refresh problem. What I have tried...

I have made a very simple aspx page and a corresponding codebehind C# source file. The first time I requested the page after a succesful compilation it looked as expected however I changed some simple stuff in the source file like Response.Write, and compiled again. When I requested the page again nothing happened, or rather the same output as before was returned... Quite strange.

Nothing in the setup was changed, so it should be straight forward. Nothing happens no matter what I do in the codebehind. Even if I make it all into a comment!

I was thinking that it might have something to do with cached assemblies somewhere, however I do not know enough about the Mono structure (framework) to track this down (or at least check this).

Do you have an idea? Thanks a lot.

Jacob :).
__________________
Danish audio books for download at http://www.lytenbog.dk (Danske lydbøger til download).
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 23rd, 2005, 03:10 PM
Friend of Wrox
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Copenhagen, , Denmark.
Posts: 440
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hmmmmm. I got somewhat closer to a solution, but there must be another way or at least someone who know why the following must be done...

If I restart the web server after I have compiled my codebehind I succeed in getting the right result.

Using Mono with mod_mono.

Jacob.
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
refresh other form inside frame. (ASP.NET C#) richie86 ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Basics 1 December 1st, 2005 02:18 PM
ASP Refresh problem MDrumm BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 2 May 25th, 2005 11:01 AM
ASP..NET (Background VB) to Linux Srivathsan Linux 1 February 20th, 2004 04:52 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.