Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 2.0 > ASP.NET 2.0 Basics
|
ASP.NET 2.0 Basics If you are new to ASP or ASP.NET programming with version 2.0, this is the forum to begin asking questions. Please also see the Visual Web Developer 2005 forum.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the ASP.NET 2.0 Basics section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
 
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default what ASP.NET 2.0 in VB code book is best

I did VB2005 and I would like to get a good book to start develop web application with ASP.NET 2.0 using VB2005. So could you suggest me a good book to do help me do that and why you think so.
 
Old December 19th, 2007, 11:37 AM
jminatel's Avatar
Wrox Staff
Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 62
Thanked 139 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Beginning ASP.NET 2.0:
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...764588508.html
is the book with VB code. You can even sample it online for free for a week in our online library at:
http://wrox.books24x7.com

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
 
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What do you think when Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 is compared to ASP.NET 2.0 Instant results

 
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jminatel
 Beginning ASP.NET 2.0:
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...764588508.html
is the book with VB code. You can even sample it online for free for a week in our online library at:
http://wrox.books24x7.com

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
What do you think when Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 is compared to ASP.NET 2.0 Instant results



 
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:22 PM
jminatel's Avatar
Wrox Staff
Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 62
Thanked 139 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Before reading the Instant Results book, you should have a basic grip on how ASP.NET 2.0 works from the Beginning book. The Instant Results book will give you some projects you can put to work immediately, but only if you know enough ASP.NET to make them work.

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
 
Old December 19th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jminatel
 Before reading the Instant Results book, you should have a basic grip on how ASP.NET 2.0 works from the Beginning book. The Instant Results book will give you some projects you can put to work immediately, but only if you know enough ASP.NET to make them work.

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
The Book I have on VB2005 has a part of web application and XML Web Services with 4 chapters which I did not read yet. Do you think after reading these 4 chapters I can skip Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 and go read instant Results ASP.NET 2.0
Thanks

 
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Friend of Wrox
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

is the book instant "Results ASP.NET 2.0" is available for download or online.

thanks......
 
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
jminatel's Avatar
Wrox Staff
Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,906
Thanks: 62
Thanked 139 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Yes, ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results is available as a PDF e-book from Wiley:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...47004151X.html
and, you can also purchase just the Blog Application chapter which has been converted into our Wrox Blox format:
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...470261218.html

And the whole book is available in the wrox books24x7 electronic library along with 200 other Wrox books:
http://wrox.books24x7.com

Now back to apro's question: I think the 4 web application chapters in the VB book are probably not quite enough to jump from that book to the Instant Results book. I think there's a lot to do with configuring IIS and configuring a web app that you need from Beginning ASP.NET.

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
 
Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jminatel
 Yes, ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results is available as a PDF e-book from Wiley:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyT...47004151X.html
and, you can also purchase just the Blog Application chapter which has been converted into our Wrox Blox format:
http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...470261218.html

And the whole book is available in the wrox books24x7 electronic library along with 200 other Wrox books:
http://wrox.books24x7.com

Now back to apro's question: I think the 4 web application chapters in the VB book are probably not quite enough to jump from that book to the Instant Results book. I think there's a lot to do with configuring IIS and configuring a web app that you need from Beginning ASP.NET.

Jim Minatel
Acquisitions Director
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
Hi, I would also like to ask you between VB.NET and C# which is better to specialize as application development in both Windows and Web applications

Thanks for your suggestions







Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-Book version, wih VB.NET code SoftMind BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 9 December 22nd, 2006 12:19 PM
VB.Net code for the new book SoftMind BOOK: ASP.NET Website Programming Problem-Design-Solution 1 April 7th, 2006 07:28 AM
about the code of the book,ASP.NET E-Commerce? minna Forum and Wrox.com Feedback 1 April 12th, 2004 07:07 AM
I need a book ( ASP.Net E-Commerce with VB.Net ) duclelo ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Basics 3 January 16th, 2004 12:12 AM





Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.