Problem with PHP installation
For the last few days I have been trying to get PHP working with Apache on my Windows XP machine. Tried both PHP4 and PHP5. Consulted a number of books, followed installation procedures written. But in vain.
Will somebody tell me how to make PHP working? Here is what I did last time with PHP4 instalation:
1. Extracted the contents of php-4.3.11-Win32.zip to c:\php.
2. Copied php.ini-dist to c:\windows and renamed it to php.ini.
3. Copied php4ts.dll file from c:\php to c:\windows\system32.
4. Copied the contents of c:\php\dlls to c:\windows\system32.
5. Edited php.ini file as follows:
extension_dir = "./" has been changed to extensions_dir = "c:\php\extensions"
6. Apache has been configured to run PHP as a module. So made the following changes to httpd.conf:
a. Appended "LoadModule php4_module c:/php/sapi/php4apache.dll" at the end of LoadModule directives.
b. Similarly added "AddModule mod_php4.c" at the end of AddModule directives.
c. Added "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" at the end of AddType directives.
7. Stopped and restarted Apache and tested with test.php (containing <? php phpinfo(); ?>) on the browser. While Apache works, PHP doesn't. The text of the file test.php appears.