Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Authorized User

Default detect mouse click off form

how can you detect a mouse click off of the form but still the mosue click does stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter.
I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I\'m sorry for having a rude signature Peter.

Old July 1st, 2005, 01:20 PM
Friend of Wrox

in short: a mouse click outside an application shift the focus from the app, that stops receiving events.
The only way to detect a mouse click is to install a mouse global hook via the the SetWindowsHookEx API
Marco

Old July 1st, 2005, 01:23 PM
Authorized User

oh ok ya just a mouse global hook.... How abouts would i do that? Should this topic go in VB.net advanced? It sounds a bit complicated but im willing to learn :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter. I'm sorry for having a rude signature Peter.

Old July 6th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Friend of Wrox

are you using vb6 or vb.net?
Marco

Old July 7th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Authorized User

vb.net and what i did was put a picturebox in the form that was docked as fill then i made that transparent. So the user saw the desktop. When they clicked i dected the spot on the picturebox minimized the form set the cursor position clicked then gave focues to form maximize and set background to white. I'm sure that there is an eaier way but thats how i temperarily solved it. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old July 7th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Friend of Wrox

you are in the wrong forum
try "beginning vb.net" or "pro vb.net":
http://p2p.wrox.com/vb-net-2002-2003-basics-76/
http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=67

Marco

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Authorized User

oopss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~