Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old June 11th, 2003, 05:28 PM

Default Address Book Program

I am trying to adapt the Address Book program found in Beginning VB 6 Database programming by John Connell. His program uses one main table to populate the form and the Add new method to add records, but the table I need to add data to is dependant on 2 other tables related to my table by their PK's. I don't need to update them, but I need their PK info in order to update my main table. How? I use a Recordset created by the SQL INNER JOIN to populate the text boxes but I cant figure out how to update my table. I get field cannot be updated error message. Thanks