Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 4th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to debbiecoates
Default Update a datagrid

I have a form in my application which selects data from th backend SQL server and brings it into a grid

This is the code I use to get the data

Dim sSQL As String
    sSQL = "Select * from V_FundAllocation where projectID = " & gURN
    cnn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
    Set grd_FundAllocation.DataSource = GetRecordset(sSQL)

This is working fine

however, even though the datagrid property AllowUpdate is set to true, when I change a value in my datagrid, this is not saved back to SQL.

I tried out

with FundAllocation.datasource
.update
endwith

but this is not right, can anyone tell me th correct way to update the changes in the grid.

Many Thanks