Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Beginning VB 6
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 13th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Default Pop up Windows with VBA

I have some VBA code (Read a lot) used for design of main steel on semi. (Floating units used for oil production)
As time goes on I get more users and need of grafical presentation of results, description of input etc. This startes to be manditory. I am using Excel and VBA related to Excel.

I have needs have pop up windows with figures describe eq results or input for these calculations.

I would kindly ask if some one out there could help me with.
Examples on:
1. Routine for pop up windos with picture.
2. Make figures based on parameters wich may pop up.
3. Books related to above items.

Old February 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Friend of Wrox

The popup windows are just forms. When you show a form, you can tell it to be modal or not. To make it stay on top, there are parameters that you can set, though doing so requires using APIs, I believe.

Many, many programs have a complete set of images to cover all the various needs, and then present those in response to the situation. I had a program with a set of 6 folders that were going to be processed for files. The heirarchy was 3 sets of two-folders-deep. So I made 6 images. All were based on the same image of 3 vertical sets of 2 folders, all connected as in Explorer. But unlike explorer, the "tree" was horizontal. Then I used Paint to doctor the 6 images to highlight one of the folders, and the lines going to it. As processing progressed, I showed on image after the other. The apearance was of a dynamic set of connecting lines. But the only thing that was dynamic was showing one static picture after another.

Really, Microsoft's web site is very rich with info. Start with http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338032(VS.60).aspx You can move around the contents to zero in on the functionality that you are trying to develop.

After reading this, if you have more specific issues you would like to address, please, feel free.