Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Beginning VB 6
|
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Default Defining controls from a different class VB

Hi, I have a class called PatientInfo that works fine. Right now, I'm trying to make a change in another class called Report to validate some objects from the class PatientInfo. Here is my code -
Code:
 Imports System.Windows.Forms Imports Bryanlgh.Echo.Views Namespace Bryanlgh.Core.Tasks Public Class Report Inherits System.Windows.Forms.UserControl Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click If cboPcpMd.Text = "" Then MessageBox.Show("Please enter a Primary Care Physician!") End If If cboPhysicianPerforming.Text = "" Then MessageBox.Show("Please enter an Attending Physician!") End If End Sub End Class
The controls cboPcpMd & cboPhysicianPerforming are from the class PatientInfo with a Namespace of Bryanlgh.Echo.Views. So in this other class Report, I added the code Imports Bryanlgh.Echo.Views but when I compile I get 3 messages - 1. Namespace or type specified in the 'Imports Bryanlgh.Echo.Views' doesnt contain any public member. 2. Name 'cboPcpMd is not declared. 3. Name 'cboPhysicianPerforming' is not declared Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Victor

Old September 15th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Authorized User

Default Wrong Forum

You need one of the .NET forums