Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Beginning VB 6
|
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM

Default how to lock the binding navigator position

Hi all,
I'm beginning a project in VB 2008 with Access as the datasource. I'm looking for assistance in regard to what may be a simple question, but one that has stumped me in my searches thru several different VB books. I'm trying to create a multi-Form project, and wish to limit record navigation to the first or main form in the program. I have that first Form accessing, deleting, adding records smoothly. How can I set my second Form's navigator position to be identical to that of the previous Form ? Also, am I correct that I can have the navigator visible on Form 1, but not visible on the subsequent Forms? Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Old January 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Authorized User

Wrong forum you need a .net forum...

Old January 6th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via Yahoo to elizas
Default VB 2008

hi,
This is Eliza. I believe VB 2008 is an object oriented computer programming language that can be viewed as an evolution of microsoft's visual basic.

Mindfire: India's Only Company to be both Apple Premier & Microsoft Gold certified.

Old January 6th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Authorized User

Not really... because if so, there would not be different forums for visual basic versions 4/5/6 and VB.NET on nearly every forum site you go to. They are two different animals and the only thing they have in common is the name like dog to describe a rotweiler and a chihuaha... So if you search, you will even find on this site different versions of .NET and you should find the appropriate forum for your version of .NET and the underlying framework version...

Good Luck