Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results by Imar Spaanjaars, Paul Wilton, Shawn Livermore; ISBN: 9780471749516
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Authorized User

Default also on VWD 2010 express

Hi Imar, I also tried the coding from the book on VWD 2010 Express on a different computer, but also there is the same rendering error when i look at Default.aspx in Split or Design mode.
Any other things that you might think of?
thanks

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Can you post your complete web.config file? (using the Code button (#) on the toolbar of the post editor?

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Authorized User

Default config.web

here it is:
Code:
<?xmlversion="1.0"?><!--    Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the     web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use    the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.    A full list of settings and comments can be found in     machine.config.comments usually located in     \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config --><configuration>	<appSettings>		<addkey="DefaultConnectionString"value="SqlServerConnectionString"/>		<addkey="EmailFrom"value="You@YourProvider.Com"/>		<addkey="EmailTo"value="You@YourProvider.Com"/>		<addkey="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath"value="/Blog/UserFiles"/>	</appSettings>	<connectionStrings>		<addname="SqlServerConnectionString"connectionString="server=(local)\SqlExpress;AttachDbFileName=|DataDirectory|Blog.mdf;Integrated Security=true;User Instance=true"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>		<addname="AccessConnectionString"connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantResults\Blog\App_Data\Blog.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"providerName="System.Data.OleDb"/>	</connectionStrings>	<system.web>		<!--            Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging             symbols into the compiled page. Because this             affects performance, set this value to true only             during development.             Visual Basic options:            Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions             where data loss can occur.             Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.-->		<compilationdebug="true"strict="false"explicit="true"targetFramework="4.0">		</compilation>		<membership>			<providers>				<clear/>				<addname="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"connectionStringName="SqlServerConnectionString"enablePasswordRetrieval="False"enablePasswordReset="True"requiresQuestionAndAnswer="True"applicationName="/"requiresUniqueEmail="true"passwordFormat="Hashed"maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"passwordAttemptWindow="10"passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""minRequiredPasswordLength="1"minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/>			</providers>		</membership>		<roleManagerenabled="true"cacheRolesInCookie="true"cookieName=".ASPROLES"defaultProvider="SqlProvider">			<providers>				<addconnectionStringName="SqlServerConnectionString"name="SqlProvider"type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"/>			</providers>		</roleManager>		<!--            The <authentication> section enables configuration             of the security authentication mode used by             ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. -->		<authenticationmode="Forms">			<formsloginUrl="~/Login.aspx"/>		</authentication>		<!--            The <customErrors> section enables configuration             of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs             during the execution of a request. Specifically,             it enables developers to configure html error pages             to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.-->		<customErrorsmode="On"defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.aspx">			<errorstatusCode="404"redirect="ErrorPage.aspx"/>			<errorstatusCode="500"redirect="ErrorPage.aspx"/>		</customErrors>		<pagescontrolRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5"clientIDMode="AutoID">			<namespaces>				<clear/>				<addnamespace="System"/>				<addnamespace="System.Collections"/>				<addnamespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>				<addnamespace="System.Configuration"/>				<addnamespace="System.Text"/>				<addnamespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.Caching"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.Security"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.Profile"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.UI"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>				<addnamespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>			</namespaces>		</pages>	</system.web>	<system.net>		<mailSettings>			<smtpdeliveryMethod="Network">				<networkhost="smtp@YourProvider.Com"port="25"/>			</smtp>		</mailSettings>	</system.net></configuration>
I you can't find anything could you sent me a zip file with your coding, so i can try it in VS2010 over here.thanks

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Wrox Author

Sorry, can you post the code again, but paste it in Notepad first? There's a stupid bug in this forum that messes up colorized code.... ;-(

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Authorized User

Default once again

one more try

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- 
    Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the 
    web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use
    the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.
    A full list of settings and comments can be found in 
    machine.config.comments usually located in 
    \Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config 
-->
<configuration>
 <appSettings>
  <add key="DefaultConnectionString" value="SqlServerConnectionString"/>
  <add key="EmailFrom" value="You@YourProvider.Com"/>
  <add key="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath" value="/Blog/UserFiles"/>
 </appSettings>
 <connectionStrings>
  <add name="SqlServerConnectionString" connectionString="server=(local)\SqlExpress;AttachDbFileName=|DataDirectory|Blog.mdf;Integrated Security=true;User Instance=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
  <add name="AccessConnectionString" connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\InstantResults\Blog\App_Data\Blog.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" providerName="System.Data.OleDb"/>
 </connectionStrings>
 <system.web>
  <!-- 
            Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging 
            symbols into the compiled page. Because this 
            affects performance, set this value to true only 
            during development.
            Visual Basic options:
            Set strict="true" to disallow all data type conversions 
            where data loss can occur. 
            Set explicit="true" to force declaration of all variables.
        -->
  <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0">
  </compilation>
  <membership>
   <providers>
    <clear/>
    <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="SqlServerConnectionString" enablePasswordRetrieval="False" enablePasswordReset="True" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="True" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" minRequiredPasswordLength="1" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"/>
   </providers>
  </membership>
  <roleManager enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" defaultProvider="SqlProvider">
   <providers>
    <add connectionStringName="SqlServerConnectionString" name="SqlProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"/>
   </providers>
  </roleManager>
  <!--
            The <authentication> section enables configuration 
            of the security authentication mode used by 
            ASP.NET to identify an incoming user. 
    -->
  <authentication mode="Forms">
   <forms loginUrl="~/Login.aspx"/>
  </authentication>
  <!--
            The <customErrors> section enables configuration 
            of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs 
            during the execution of a request. Specifically, 
            it enables developers to configure html error pages 
            to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.
    -->
  <customErrors mode="On" defaultRedirect="ErrorPage.aspx">
   <error statusCode="404" redirect="ErrorPage.aspx"/>
   <error statusCode="500" redirect="ErrorPage.aspx"/>
  </customErrors>
  <pages controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
   <namespaces>
    <clear/>
    <add namespace="System"/>
    <add namespace="System.Collections"/>
    <add namespace="System.Collections.Specialized"/>
    <add namespace="System.Configuration"/>
    <add namespace="System.Text"/>
    <add namespace="System.Text.RegularExpressions"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.Caching"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.SessionState"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.Security"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.Profile"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.UI"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts"/>
    <add namespace="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls"/>
   </namespaces>
  </pages>
 </system.web>
 <system.net>
  <mailSettings>
   <smtp deliveryMethod="Network">
    <network host="smtp@YourProvider.Com" port="25"/>
   </smtp>
  </mailSettings>
 </system.net>
</configuration>

Old March 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Authorized User

Default might be a no problem error

I continued with the point you gave me and moved further on. If you add a new user and give this user the administrator role (which i also had added) then the blog is coming up and i could add an entry and even make corrections on it.

So... it seems to be that the error rendering control message is not of importance to it and I did zee other posts in this forum (which i did not complete understand) where others also had the same problem.

Should i forget about the error or are you still looking into it?

thanks anyway sofar,
wim

Old March 14th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Wrox Author

It turns out it's the FCK Editor that's causing this issue. Removing the control from the code also removes the error.

My advise: get rid of the current FCK Editor and its assembly in the Bin folder, and replace it with a new CK Editor which you can register using client-side JavaSc ript.

Cheers,

Imar

The Following User Says Thank You to Imar For This Useful Post:
very-old-timer (March 15th, 2011)

Old March 15th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Authorized User

Default thanks for finding out what was the problem

Hi Imar, great you found it. Besides what you point out to replace with CKeditor, you also need to look into the Controls like BlogEntries.ascx and BlogentriesFilter.ascx.
I will try to correct things but that will take some more time

Anyway thanks for your inputs on this.

Old March 15th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Wrox Author

Quote:
Besides what you point out to replace with CKeditor, you also need to look into the Controls like BlogEntries.ascx and BlogentriesFilter.ascx.
Not sure I understand what you mean by this....

Imar

Old March 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Authorized User

Default BlogEntries.ascx and BlogentriesFilter.ascx

Hi Imar, I ment that inside blogentries.ascx you have now:
Code:
<td>
      <FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor ID="txtBody" runat="server" BasePath="~/FCKeditor/" ToolbarSet="WroxBlog" Width="500px">
      </FCKeditorV2:FCKeditor>
</td>
Which i thought should also be changed. That was my remark.
regards