Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 16th, 2006, 08:32 PM

Default INSTALL PROBLEMS

After extracting the zip to the Projects folder in the Visual Studio folder in My Documents and clicking on the sln, I get:

"The project location is not trusted:

...\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\TheBeerHouse\TBH_CustomEvents

Running the application may result in security exceptions when it attempts to perform actions which require full trust.

Click Ok to ignore and continue."

I click OK out of that error....then

THEN I GET ANOTHER ERROR:

The application for project '...\TheBeerHouse\TBH_Deploy\TBH_Deploy.wdproj' is not installed.

I click OK, VS2005 opens and I press F5 and IE just hangs without displaying.

I am not on a network. This is a standalone machine. Why can't I get this project to run on my machine using XP Pro, VS 2005 Pro with the Express SQL Server?

How do make the folder trusted? How do I install the TBH_Deploy.wdproj?

Old September 17th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Friend of Wrox

If the folder is on a local hard disk and it's not trusted, it means Win XP SP2 thought you downloaded the code and didn't recompile it on your machine, therefore it's not trusted.

If you configure Windows explorer to show hidden files you'll see the zone files that are causing the errors.

There are 2 ways to fix this:

1) make sure you build the whole project before pressing F5 to run it

2) delete the zone files yourself, or run the cool zonestripper utility program:
http://www.jameskovacs.com/blog/Zone...erUpdated.aspx

The problem about the Web Deployment project is that you didn't install that from MSDN. You can remove that project until you're ready for it. It's explained in the deployment chapter.

Please let me know if this doesn't fix your "trust" problem. I guess its also possible that you're not an administrator on your computer, but most developers and home users are, so this probably isn't the issue for you.

Eric

Old September 19th, 2006, 01:27 PM

"The problem about the Web Deployment project is that you didn't install that from MSDN"

What do you mean by that? what/how should we install from MSDN?

I am experimenting the same problem as "jjmonty".

Thanks.

LAM.
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Friend of Wrox

It's explained in the deployment chapter. But 99% of us will not ever use a Web Deployment Project, so you can and should remove that project from your solution.

You can also search for "Web Deployment Project" on MSDN or Google if you really want to learn more without reading that chapter, but its a good chapter to read, anyway.

Eric

Old November 16th, 2006, 07:57 PM

"Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...t_projects.asp is a free add-in from Microsoft. You can read about it on page 543 of the book.