Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA.
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Stored Procedure isn't working

I am having some difficulty with chapter 5. I have created all the pages and the database, but I cannot get my update and delete stored procedures to work correctly. I created the SQL database in a stand alone database on another machine. I can insert article without any problem, but if I change one, it appears to work, but nothing actually gets changed. If I go into the SQL management suite and execute the stored procedure, it will update the data. I can't see the difference between my code and that which I downloaded from the site here (the VB version). All the correct data gets passed to the SQLArticlesProvider and to the command object, but when it executes, it returns 0 and the data doesn't get updated.

Also, I cannot delete an article. If I click the trash can icon, I get the confirmation and it processes, but near as I can tell, it is passing 0 as the article ID rather than the actual ID. If I step through the code, The SqlArticlesProvider ends up with ID as 0.

I have been looking through this for like 6 hours over a 3-5 day period, and haven't been able to figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian W.
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mesa, AZ, USA.
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ok, found the error why it wouldn't update. I found that I was misnaming some of my stuff. The update categories didn't work becuase I had a different parameter name and column name (for more info http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...0-b59a95602498). Reconciled them and VIOLA. Articles was a little different, left out 'DataKeyNames="ID"' in my details view put it in an it works, still working on the deletion problem.
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stored procedure prashant_telkar SQL Server 2000 1 July 9th, 2007 07:57 AM
Working with Stored Procedure debjanib ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional 1 May 16th, 2006 02:00 AM
working with stored procedure and asp rashoova Classic ASP Databases 0 February 1st, 2006 10:19 AM
stored procedure kvanchi ADO.NET 1 December 9th, 2004 07:27 AM
Stored Procedure desireemm SQL Language 5 September 18th, 2004 02:34 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.