Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 11th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Authorized User

Default Suggestions for UK hosting

Hi

Having worked right through the book, I have finally been able to put everything together for a website. I have also been able to do some form of testing via the paypal sandbox.

what I am after is anyone's suggestion as to which hosting company to target within UK. Anyone with any recommendations???

Also any chance someone can clarify for me the relevance of using CultureInfo object used within Notify.aspx. It uses the string value of "en-US". Would this make any difference for UK currency? Obviously I have not been able to test this as this is a asynchronous call from PayPal

Any help greatly appreciated.

Old June 11th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Friend of Wrox

SoloEng,

As far as the 1st question is concerned (re hosting). I'm based in the UK but have been using webhost4life.com. they are pretty reliable (and not too 'heavy' on the load front). all the uk providers that i looked at were far too expensive, webhost4life turns out at roughly £80 for the entire year. i also use amazon S3 for all my file storage, so have been able to use the cheapest storage option on the hosting site too (2GB, of which i use about 20MB, due to offloading all the huge files to S3)

As far as the culture settings are concerned, i changed all my defaults on that page to CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-GB"). Haven't got round to testing (or using) that section yet, so can't really answer the question with 100% confidence but i reckon that may well be enough for paypal to be aware of the currency for the site originating the request.

let me know if you discover otherwise.

jimi

http://www.jamestollan.com

Old June 12th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to kherrerab Send a message via Yahoo to kherrerab

i use liquidsix for www.clubvwnica.com

Old June 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Authorized User

Thanks for the tips.