Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old August 31st, 2007, 01:59 PM
Authorized User

Default Custom Events Chapter3

Hello:

How to place Custom Events in their own pre-compiled assembly??
How to create seperate secondary project for the source code and reference the compiled .dll file from the main web project?
Can someone help me in this as I am new to asp.net?
thanks

Old September 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Authorized User

anyone???

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:12 AM
Friend of Wrox

Hi rav,

I created a new C# project in Visual Studio (just started VS again, and created a new project). In there, I created the customevents, and built it.

Then back to the initial site (TheBeerHouse), I clicked on Website, Add Reference, and refered there to the project I just created. Finally, under Project Dependencies, I set the BeerHouse to rely on the CustomEvents one.

No worries, it took me quite some time to figure it out first, too. And then yesterday I finished up chapter 4, and only then realised that I started working on an older version of my code, which didn't have the project reference yet :(

HTH :)

Peter

Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to Tremmorkeep Send a message via MSN to Tremmorkeep Send a message via Yahoo to Tremmorkeep

I just went to the properties of my webevents project, and then on the 'build' tab on the left, had it build to the bin directory of my web project. My webevent project is inside my site solution. YOu can, from the File menu, go
File -> New -> Project -> Other Project Types -> Visual Studio Solutions -> Blank Solution

Then either create, or add existing projects to the solutions. Hope that helps.
Old September 5th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Authorized User

Thank you guys
Both the postings helped a lot.. I was finally able to get the customevents in the project structure properly ...
thanks
rav