Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 2nd, 2007, 04:01 AM

Default ShoppingCart: SerializeAs XML

Hi,

I'm trying to make Shoppingcart serializable as XML instead of Binary. Just for knowledge. I tryed to implement a class from Icollection this way:

Sorry (VB Code)
Public Class ShoppingCartItemCollection
        Implements ICollection
        Dim _temparray() As ShoppingCartItem

Public Sub CopyTo(ByVal array As System.Array, ByVal index As Integer) Implements System.Collections.ICollection.CopyTo
            Throw New ApplicationException("Method not implmented yet")
        End Sub

Public ReadOnly Property Count() As Integer Implements System.Collections.ICollection.Count
            Get
                Return _temparray.Length
            End Get
        End Property

Public ReadOnly Property IsSynchronized() As Boolean Implements System.Collections.ICollection.IsSynchronized
            Get
                Return False
            End Get
        End Property

Public ReadOnly Property SyncRoot() As Object Implements System.Collections.ICollection.SyncRoot
            Get
                Return Me
            End Get
        End Property

Public Function GetEnumerator() As System.Collections.IEnumerator Implements System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator
            _temparray.GetEnumerator()
        End Function
    End Class

Then I tried set Items property:
Public ReadOnly Property Items() As ShoppingCartItemCollection
    Get
       Return _items.Values
    End Get
End Property

But Values and ShoppingCartItemCollection are not compatible. Also, I'm not sure if i'm focusing well.
Some kind of help will be appreciated.

Thnx

Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Friend of Wrox

watxu - without checking on the code, i can only suggest looking at the rss code in tbh. i'll look further tomorrow and hopefuly come back a bit more positive!! :)

jimi

http://www.originaltalent.com