Thanks for the reply. Creating a web application in IIS on a different server and copying the whole solution directory (perhaps deleting project and sln files), is something I can already do. My problem is doing that same job via a deployment project within vs.net. Have you tried that? Questions:
1. how do you "drag and drop" the directories? Is it done from Explorer to vs.net?
2. are you supposed to manually drag the dll files into the bin directory using the same technique?
3. is removing source files (code behind .vb
files?) also a manual process?
4. is there any way of automating this stuff?
5. how do you produce an msi file?
I must be missing something, because it doesn't seem so magnificently easy to me.