Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Default pass multi value param from ASP toCrystal Runtime

Hi,

I would like to select multiple values from a parameter listbox from an asp program and pass that to crystal to display the report, how would I do that?

For eg:

Getting the values from a dropdown listbox menu

1. Age= CStr(Request("o_age"))

set crtable = session("oRpt").Database.Tables.Item(1)

set session("Param")=session("oRpt").Parameterfields

2. set MyParam1 = session("Param").Item(1)

MyParam1.EnableMultipleValues = 1

Call Myparam1.AddCurrentValue(Age)….something like this(calling the parameters from the dropdown...but this works only if i select 1 value)

I could pass values statically like below, but I would like the users to select the multi-value parameter and then the crystal should display the report.
 ParamValue = "1"

ParamValue = "2"

ParamValue = "3"

This line creates a temporary variables to store the values to pass to 'the parameter field.

Call Param1.AddCurrentValue(CStr(ParamValue))

Call Param1.AddCurrentValue(Cstr(ParamValue1))

Call Param1.AddCurrentValue(Cstr(ParamValue2))
If I select single parameter, I am able to pass it it crystal, but if i select multiple values, crystal is not displaying any data...Please help
I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Old January 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM

I have been looking online everywhere for a solution to this problem as well, specifically how to pass a multiple value parameter to crystal through ASP/VBScript. I have not found any good resources, or sample code. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

-Jim

:)