Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:55 AM

Default Crystal Reports and Progress 9.1e errors

Hi,:)

I am currently using Crystal Reports version X1 and database Proteus which is read through progress 9.1e

I have been running warehousing reports in my database for more than 12 months and I am suddenly getting the error message below and my report is failing to run, we use a 24 license system and our database is huge. Most of the reports that I use are taking extremly long to bring back the info, sometimes as long as 15 minutes. I have crystal set up with other databases eg Sage and I do not have any problems for instance I re-designed the profit and loss in Crystal reports and when re-freshed it only takes about 3 seconds to bring back the info.

I also use Crystal Server over the web to automatically generate and email reports straight to clients which seems to be running ok but is still slow in generating new reports.

Does anyone out there have any help for me please?

This is the message I am receiving when my report fails.

Database Connector Error: 'HY000:[DataDirect][ODBC PROGRESS driver][PROGRESS]Unable to allocate disk block for temp table use [MM - No data block] (7631) Database Vendor Code: - 16001 ]'

Jiggley67
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM

I have the same issue after our conversion. Our tech support are telling me that is due to lack of space on the working directory on the server. I found that hardly logical since I asked them to run the report on their local machine by connecting to our resources and he said he could run it ok. My guess is something has changed structurally (logically) within the tables after conversion. I appreciate if you let me know if you find a solution to this problem .