Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP 3 Classic ASP Active Server Pages 3.0 > BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old November 6th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Default Chapter 13; Using Recordset question

Question: In coding the example given in Chapter 13, pages 530 - 532 "Moving.ASP" I was successful in obtaining a correct page display in IE 6.0, however, when formating the list, ie. Start at record 100 and reverse the order, I notice that the "order" of the records is not correct. For example, when the code is requested to start at record 100 and the direction is reverse, the displayed page in IE 6.0 starts with record number 96. Additionally, some of the records are not in the correct order. Record number 46 may appear between record numbers 16 and 15 and record number 208 may appear between record number's 56 and 55. This does not happen when the Format is start at record 1, direction forward. I don't believe that this is a coding error, but rather a program error? Has anybody had a simular problem? If so, what did you do to correct said problem.

ou812
Old November 7th, 2003, 01:50 AM

Tested mine but eventually not enough. Tried what you did and I got the same problem.
Now I need to re-test and revise.
Thanks for the info

Every problem has a solution!
Old November 7th, 2003, 12:53 PM

I did additional testing and found that the problem exists when the direction is "forward" as well. The same problem occurs. When requesting start at record 100, direction forward, the data starts out on record number 96. I do beleive that the coded program as written is faulty. However, the question remains, how to Fix??

ou812