Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP 3.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 25th, 2010, 05:21 AM

Default web page analyzer

i am going to start devoloping web page analyzer tool........as my last year engineering project
so is ASP good for that...........?
and from where shoud i start...............?

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

It all depends on what you want to do, and how you want to do it. You're not providing enough information to make a sound judgement on the technology to choose, so it's difficult to say whether this should be a web application, a desktop app, a windows service or something else.

However, Classic ASP wouldn't be my choice anymore. It's old technology, and has since long been replaced by ASP.NET. Take a look at the links in my signature if you want to learn more about ASP.NET 4 or ASP.NET 3.5.

Cheers,

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!

Old July 25th, 2010, 06:52 AM

web page analyzer
i am going to develope a website kind of thing..........
in which it will be analyzing the log files,visitors and it should generate suggestions for owner of the website................

so if this is possible in asp or asp.net

someone suggested me about php.......

so what should i do??
which one should i use .net php or asp

Old July 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

If you want / need to create a web site, you can use both PHP and ASP.NET. Choice is up to you.

I suggest you Google a bit for both technologies, look at books, examples and blogs and see what you like best.

Cheers,

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!