Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 with C# by Chris Goode, John Kauffman, Christopher L. Miller, Neil Raybould, S. Srinivasa Sivakumar, Dave Sussman, Ollie Cornes, Rob Birdwell, Matt Butler, Gary Johnson, Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Juan T. Llibre, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764543708
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 17th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Authorized User

Default DataGrid Troubles

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my code below:
----------------------
 Sub BuildDataGrid()
        Dim objUser As New clsUser()
        Dim objDBConn As OleDbConnection
        Dim objDBComm As OleDbCommand
        Dim objDataReader As OleDbDataReader()
        Dim strSQL As String

Dim objGetConnection As New clsDBConnection()
        objDBConn = objGetConnection.GetDatabaseConnection

strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [User]"

objDBConn.Open()
        objDBComm = New OleDbCommand(strSQL, objDBConn)
        objDataReader = objDBComm.ExecuteReader(System.Data.CommandBehavio r.CloseConnection)
        CityDataGrid.DataSource = objDataReader
        CityDataGrid.DataBind()
        objDBConn.Close()

End Sub
------------------------------
Keep getting the following error:
Value of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader' cannot be converted to '1-dimensional array of System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader'.

Thanks,
Mark

Old August 17th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Friend of Wrox

Hey,

For a data grid, I see as valid data sources (in the MSDN) as: DataSet, DataTable, DataView, DataViewManager, anything that inherits IList and IListSource. I don't see the DataReader; and it doesn't inherit those interfaces. Try using a data table instead.

Brian