Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 with C# by Chris Goode, John Kauffman, Christopher L. Miller, Neil Raybould, S. Srinivasa Sivakumar, Dave Sussman, Ollie Cornes, Rob Birdwell, Matt Butler, Gary Johnson, Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Juan T. Llibre, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764543708
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Default Response.Write to generate HTML

Hello everyone. I started working with VB .NET after the company I'm at used the aspx migration wizard. We have reports that run using data from SQL, and it is given to the browser by tags created with Response.Write. Some of these reports cause IE to use in excess of 500mb of memory. Some people cannot even run the reports. My question is whether the problem is related to Response.Write being used to generate the HTML. I would think it is just something to do with the huge amount of data that IE has to format and display. Is there a better method for IE? Any tips or feedback is appreciated. Thanks!