Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 by Chris Hart, John Kauffman, David Sussman, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764588501
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via Yahoo to harrison4411
Default Suggestion: Reprint book / Change Forums

Will a new revision of this book be printed after these errors have been identified?

It’s difficult to learn a new code and have bad reference materials.

Can you compile these changes into a list for download on the forum? Use Chapters and Page #’s as an index then description/code.

Can you update the Download Code as errors are found? You have them sectioned and easy to download by chapters.

Can the forums be arranged by Chapter and Page#. It would help to find errors reported. Currently you have to read each page to see if an error has been reported.

Thanks for listening.

Harrison

Old February 21st, 2006, 01:20 PM
Wrox Author

Hi,

Quote:
quote:Will a new revision of this book be printed after these errors have been identified?
Every time a new print run of the book is requested, we correct the errata in it. I've already sent one set off for the 2nd print run.

Quote:
quote:Can you compile these changes into a list for download on the forum? Use Chapters and Page #’s as an index then description/code.
Errata they are listed on the main site at:

http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTit...ew_errata.html

I don't (and can't) put them up there, so unfortunately they are missing chapters but they are listed in number of page.

Quote:
quote:Can you update the Download Code as errors are found? You have them sectioned and easy to download by chapters.
Dave Sussman maintains the WroxUnited app and does update it when errors are found. This doesn't happen for the separate chapter code, but I'm sure it can be arranged, if and when errors are found. The Begin sections should be adequate for you to build code with, as I don't think there are errors in them.

Quote:
quote:Can the forums be arranged by Chapter and Page#. It would help to find errors reported. Currently you have to read each page to see if an error has been reported.
That's one for Jim and the Wrox team. I think they're probably happy to keep this as a forum for open discussion and then they update the main errata list when errata are found and keep them separate. Also bear in mind there are plenty of issues that people are having that aren't issues with the book or code. There are problems with SQL Server and Asp.net and IIS that cause big problems. They need discussion here, but wouldn't count as errata and wouldn't refer to a specific page.

With Beginning ASP 3.0, we sold way over 100,000 copies and so we got plenty of print runs to roll feedback and common problems into chapter 1 and the appendices of the book. With this one, we were forced back to a blank slate and have to start again with the new version of ASP.NET. I'm happy to try and tackle problems here and then add them to the book under "common problems", however I can only do that for ones I come across, and that we are able to fix.

Chris

Chris Ullman
Programmer/Technical Author
http://www.cuasp.co.uk