Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 by Chris Hart, John Kauffman, David Sussman, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764588501
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 9th, 2006, 02:37 PM

Default Inconsistencies

Maybe I'm going crazy, but noticing quite a few differences between what is in the book and what I'm seeing on the screen. I do have a full version of VS, and maybe that's part of it.

Here is an example, and if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it.

In chapter 2 when you are adding a style sheet to your master page, you are supposed to select 'Document' from the properties drop-down and enter site.css in the StyleSheet property. The only properties I have access to are:

Debug
DOCUMENT
EnableSessionState
Explicit
Language
MasterPageFile
Strict
Title

The DOCUMENT properties item brings up a tabbed dialog to allow me to select colors.

Now, I know I can drag the css to my master and everything should be good, but why the differences and what else am I going to run into like this?

Thanks,

Josh Schmidt

Old May 9th, 2006, 02:38 PM

I don't think it matters on this one, but I am using VB.