Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 by Chris Hart, John Kauffman, David Sussman, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764588501
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 1st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to Doug Happ
Default Chapter 2 -- Style Sheet problem.

I am using VWD 2008 Express and the B ASP.Net 2.0 VB book.

I'm trying to do the Try It Out that starts on page 36. Steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 went okay.

I switched to Design view (step 5) to set the style sheet. When I drop down the list and choose Document I get a list of properties that has three collapsible headings: ASP.NET, Body and Document. The Document heading has only one property below it, Title.

How do I get it to look like the book which shows the location for the StyleSheet properties

I think this forum should be broken down by chapters; it would make the forum much easier to browse.

Doug Happ
When the eagle is away, the crow says "I am the eagle."

Old January 7th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Hey, I encounter the same case.
Have you resloved it?

Thanks

Old January 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Authorized User

Yes I did resolve it. No thanks to the forum.
When you are in Design view (but not in Source View) a menu item appears up top (on the menu bar Of VWD) that is Format.
Click Format and select Style Sheet. This will bring you to a dialogue window in which you can pick the site.css if you already moved it into your Solution Explorer.
I hope this is understandable.
Good Luck

Doug Happ

Old January 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Authorized User

I know I'm nine days too late, and I don't have a quick answer, but I looked at your query today after posting my own question on the forum. I don't remember having trouble with this particular Try It Out, but on reviewing the procedure, it seems logical to expect the Stylesheet option to be shown in the Properties window as a stylesheet had previously been added to the Solution Explorer.
If I re-open Chapter02, open site.master and delete site.css from the Solution Explorer, and delete its filename from the Stylesheet option in the Properties window and save site.master, the undefined Stylesheet option still remains in the Properties window. So I'm afraid I can't get back to the condition that you have experienced.
I hope you'll continue to post your queries though.

Richard
Rugeley, UK
WinXP Pro SP2
VBW Express

Old January 10th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Authorized User

Thanks for taking the time to look at this problem.

I never resolved the actual situation but did find a work-around. In Design view there is a Menu item called Format with an option to Attach Style sheet.

The Properties never changed but the style sheet worked.

Thanks again, it's really is tough getting started with this initiative since you think the book coincides with the onscreen experience. When it doesn't coincide it can really throw you off track. It also doesn't help when another forum member, answering a question, includes an attachment that implies that your question may not have been independently researched sufficiently and you may then fall into the category of being a "lazy sponge". Sorry if I'm venting too much.

Doug Happ