Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 by Chris Hart, John Kauffman, David Sussman, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764588501
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 BOOK VB ISBN: 978-0-7645-8850-1; C# ISBN: 978-0-470-04258-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 25th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Hello bela_sush

Hello bela_sush;

I have been going through your post. It seems very much similar that I am also trying to achieve. I also joined this forum this september and working on E commerce site. Before that I have come in contact with "Mr. Imar Sir", who is really helpful person. I also had commited some mistakes as I am new to any kind of forum.

Well I wanna know that can u help me to figure out the website based on ecommerce and shopping cart. I wanna know about this book that does it provide the step by step procedure to develop website and is dedicated to E commerce and shopping cart fully? Your help will lead to develop a new site as you are developing.

Old September 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Authorized User

Default Shopping cart..

Hi Jack...

I don't know much of sites which fully based on shopping Cart...but I got this idea from rediff.com, In www.rediff.com, you will see shopping image, just click it...you will come to know about online shopping...

Another thing is, yes this book (Beginning ASP.NET 2.0) is not dedicated to E-commerce, E-Commerce is one of the chapter...but it contains all code and designing, step by step...not only shopping cart but club facility, Security, Profile...these issues are also explained in a gr8 manner and step by step.. this is very good book for starters of .NET...although you will not get a very proffetional look for website...you get good confidence in ASP.NET because of this book...

Old September 26th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Friend of Wrox

Arrow Thanks Bela...(jack)

Hi Bela
Thank your for your reply on asking about the E commerce as You have told me about this book that what else this book contains.
Well I read in your post that you were trying to develop website based on the E commerce functionality and shopping cart. Are you done with this now and if yes then up to what extent you have developed it?
would you Please do me a favour? That do u have any idea about that on going through this book and completing this website can it be modeled into real time scenario (that is in real time shopping cart)?

Old October 1st, 2009, 02:50 AM
Authorized User

Hi Jack,

Tes ..we can ust this shopping cart(developed from this book) as a real time application...you just have to do some formatting to look your cart rich...but the processing of shopping cart is working perfectly bcoz of this book

Old October 1st, 2009, 12:53 PM
Friend of Wrox

Arrow Thank You bela.......

Hello Bela, So kind of you.
You are really helpful person, even though you don't know me but still helping me.
Once again thanks to help me.......

Old December 5th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Authorized User

Default Currency

Hi jack,

I know your post date is 18th oct. but I was out of town, Yes you can change currency from $ to any other...you just delete {0:c} and replace it by your currency for ex-Rs.
Cheers

Old January 6th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Friend of Wrox

Arrow thank you

Hi, sorry I did not look at the post as it was too late. Later I saw your reply today in my Inbox.
Well Thank you for your kind reply on the topic. I didn't implement it yet but soon will. By the time I had a solution by modifying the web.config file.
Using Globalization.
Still thank you...........