Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 4 > BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 4: in C# and VB by Imar Spaanjaars; ISBN: 9780470502211
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Glyph doesn't show on pressing header page 537

Hi there i'm just following Try-It-Out excercise in chapter 15 page 537, i followed all instructions until step 11 but when i click on any header the ascending/descending order occurs, but unfortunately NO glyph appears, what did i miss hear!!

thanks
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Imar's Avatar
Wrox Author
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,089
Thanks: 80
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts
Default

Hi there,

A couple of things to check:

1. Did you create the correct Management folder?
2. Did you add the images to the subfolder Images?
3. Did you add the Management.css style sheet to the Theme folder?
4. Did you apply the Management theme to the web.config inside the *Management* folder?

Imar
__________________
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imar View Post
Hi there,

A couple of things to check:

1. Did you create the correct Management folder?
2. Did you add the images to the subfolder Images?
3. Did you add the Management.css style sheet to the Theme folder?
4. Did you apply the Management theme to the web.config inside the *Management* folder?

Imar
YES to all 4>>>!!

is this all what is there in the web.config management folder?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
    <system.web>
      <!--Setting theme to empty string to disable theme-->
      <pages theme="Management"></pages>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Imar's Avatar
Wrox Author
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 17,089
Thanks: 80
Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts
Default

Quote:
is this all what is there in the web.config management folder?
Yes, that's all. You may want to download the code for the book from the Wrox web site and see if you can spot a difference.

Are your Management pages inheriting BasePage (that is, did you use the template for it)? If they are, they shouldn't as that applies the user selected theme.

If this doesn't help, can you:

1. Describe the pysical structure of your site on disk
2. The address you see in the browser's address bar?

Imar
__________________
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Follow me on Twitter

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imar View Post
Yes, that's all. You may want to download the code for the book from the Wrox web site and see if you can spot a difference.

Are your Management pages inheriting BasePage (that is, did you use the template for it)? If they are, they shouldn't as that applies the user selected theme.

If this doesn't help, can you:

1. Describe the pysical structure of your site on disk
2. The address you see in the browser's address bar?

Imar
everything is the same as in the book the physical structure and the browser's address bar..don't know what's wrong...
 
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

its allright i fixed it , the problem was the skin file, forgotten to change attributes...as per book...thanks any ways
The Following User Says Thank You to jmahdi For This Useful Post:





Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hide/show header with javascript crmpicco Javascript How-To 2 April 10th, 2006 03:45 AM
Page Header chacquard Access VBA 1 September 26th, 2005 06:17 PM
Page Header Printing on Last Empty Page ritag Access 4 November 11th, 2004 12:07 PM
can footer value show in header? yancyn Crystal Reports 0 August 5th, 2004 01:39 AM
Beginning VB.NET (4384-9), Pages 537 to 545 uwa Wrox Book Feedback 1 June 13th, 2004 12:30 PM





Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.