I totally agree with 07Raghav that this is a great book and Imar's writing style is the best I've found. I posted this 5 Star recommendation on Amazon:
"For my needs, Imar is the perfect author. I'm strong on software development concepts and design but weak on coding skills as I've not done any coding in several years. I also needed to come up to speed on newer Microsoft technologies. Plus, I wanted to get started quickly on a web site that I'm committed to producing.
From my POV, Imar scored 100% in every category of my needs. His combination of anticipating what a beginner needs along with his outstanding attention to detail deserves high praise. I'm moving along with my project now and often need more in-depth resources for specific technologies; however, I still come back to this book to get properly oriented and started on the issue at hand.
Also, Imar's willingness to help with questions on the WROX message board goes far beyond the usual level of support from an author of a technical book. I can only wish that other authors would use Imar's book, his attention to detail, and his level of support as a publication standard. I can find no fault with this book. "
I happened to notice 07Raghav's comment and thought I'd comment on my website progress. I started designing and programming the site a little over a year ago; spent much of last year collecting content (not programming); upgraded the site this past winter; launched the site this past April, 2013; now in the early stages of attracting users. There is nothing really unusual or flashy about my site - it's just a solid working application that uses a DB, Logon, images, user comments, etc. It has a complete set of maintenance pages for an end-user to update the site. The point of this comment is that 90% of what's in my site came directly from reading Imar's book. I have lots of other books but they only account for the other 10%.