Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming by Jack Purdum; ISBN: 9780470261293
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 3rd, 2010, 05:57 AM
Authorized User

Default Binding Context

Hi all

Some assistance please, I am trying to apply the code:
"this.BindingContext[this.dsCustomers1, "Customers"].Position++" from the Wrox book to my own project, but i dont seem to make my code work.

I am still in the early stages of learning C# and I thought that my code:
"this.BindingContext[this.dsEmployeeContact, "this.dsEmployeeContact.taEmployeeMaster"].Position++;"
Would work fine, but it does not.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Chris

PS this.dsCustomers1 refers to the datasource yes? And Customers refers to the table within the datasource yes?

Old August 3rd, 2010, 08:48 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default More info please...

I need a little more information. Where in the book are you taking the code from? It would be helpful if you provided a little for detail, as the code you supplied isn't really enough to figure out the context of what you're trying to do.

Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:30 AM
Authorized User

Default Thank you Dr

Uhm, the book I am reading is Beginning Visual C# ISBN 0-7645-4382-2,
CHAPTER 18: Getting At Your Data, Navigating through the Dataset. I would like to navigate to the next record in a table adapter, but the book's code is not based on a similar type of database setup as mine.

In mine I have setup a datasource dsEmployeeContact, and within this datasource exists a table adapater called taEmployeeMaster.

What more can i provide you with?

Thank you
Chris

Old August 3rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Opps

That's Karli Watson's book, not mine. No wonder it didn't sound familiar! Try reposting directly to his book's discussion group...I'm sure he'll help.