Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Java > Java and JDK > BOOK: Beginning Java 2
|
BOOK: Beginning Java 2
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Java 2, SDK 1.4 Edition by Ivor Horton; ISBN: 9780764543654
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Java 2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old May 26th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Authorized User

Default Applet needs full browser pane w/ DOM access.

My swing applet needs to display a pane within an overall GUI layout showing a web browser view. My applet needs to have access to the underlying browser's DOM for any pages loaded (URL/HTML) loaded into the pane. Note: using a JEditorPane is not adequate (doesn't support all tags/javascript etc.) - I need an instance of the underlying web browser (MSIE, Firefox, etc.) running within the GUI pane (like an <iframe> in HTML). Also, I don't want to use any ActiveX controls (webbrowser), but I need equivalent functionality otherwise.

How would I do this?

TNX

Philibuster

Old August 15th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Authorized User

The solution to this requirement appears to be the JDesktop Integration Components (JDIC) at jdic.dev.java.net. This collection of Java packages and tools contains a cross-platform native browser. JDIC has several problems (initialization, container, mixing light-weight with awt components, etc.) that need work-arounds; however, you may find it useful.

Philibuster