Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning Java 2
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Java 2, SDK 1.4 Edition by Ivor Horton; ISBN: 9780764543654
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Java 2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 18th, 2003, 03:24 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to kaizer Send a message via Yahoo to kaizer
Default Error in text

Hi everyone,

Just noticed a typo thought i'd put it up...

On Page 26 the para under the boxed text titled CLASSES AND DATA TYPES, the first sentence should read:
"Programming is concerned with specifying how data of various kinds is to be processed, messaged, manipulated or transformed". (i.e. MASSAGED is to be changed to MESSAGED).

I also want to add that this is an excellent book for a total newbie like me to this fascinating language.

Mr. Horton, sir, you have the knack of leading the student in exactly the right kind of way.

Thanks also to Wrox publishers for bringing this book out.

Have a great day.

Kaizer

Wrox Rocks!

Old December 18th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Friend of Wrox

I agree with your comments about Wrox and Ivor, and if Wrox were still in business then I'm sure that they would have loved to read your comments. However, they went out of business earlier in the year. The rights to their books were split between Apress and Wiley.

I'm not sure if Ivor Horton has anything to do with this forum now, which is a shame as it was always a great buzz to get answers to your questions from the author of the book. Having said that, there a still a few guys around who really know there stuff (not me!), so don't hold back with your questions.

Cheers

Martyn

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to kaizer Send a message via Yahoo to kaizer

Dear Martyn,
WHAT!! Wrox is out of business?? Can't believe that. A pity that Mr. Horton has nothing to do with this forum any longer .

Thanks for your input anyway. It feels good to know that there are others (i'm sure you're quickly getting there!) who really know their stuff and can help out.

Cheers
Kaizer.

Kaizer Billimoria
Bangalore, India

Old December 18th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Friend of Wrox

I agree that it is a real shame. I liked the Wrox format and have lots of their books. If you are pretty new to OO, then another 'old' Wrox book I would highly recommend is "Beginning Java Objects" by Jaquie Barker, which is now published by Apress. The focus on this book is not directed towards learning the Java API but on how to implement OO using Java. Have a look on Amazon and check out some of the reviews.

Cheers

Martyn