Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Visual Basic 2010 by Thearon Willis, Bryan Newsome; ISBN: 9780470502228
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Authorized User

Question Preparation for ASP.NET

I have recently begun to work through this book. Today at a job fair, it was suggested that one of the next things I should learn to help get a job is ASP .NET. When I reach the end of this book, would I be in a good position to start learning ASP, or should I go through the next book in this series before trying that?

Thank you very much!

Eric S. Bauman
Palmyra, VA

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Wrox Author

You will get a primer on ASP.Net. If you want to get a job doing that it would be advised to also get a book entirely on ASP. Bryan

Old February 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Authorized User

Question Thank you Bryan

Thank you, Bryan. I figured that I would need to get a book on ASP (I would probably get the Wrox book to start). My concern was (and I apologize for not making this clearer) if the topics that are covered in this book would be enough for me to get going with ASP or if there are move advanced topics that would be covered in the Professional VB book that I would need to know before I tried ASP.

Thank you again for your help!

Eric

Old February 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Wrox Author

If you are looking for ASP knowledge, I suggest this book next.

Beginning ASP.NET 4: in C# and VB

It is from WROX as well and will give you a complete understanding of ASP websites. If will expand on the ASP from the Beg VB book and give you a good base to move forward. Having a good base is essential to becoming a good developer for the web.

Hope that helps, Bryan