Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development by Timothy Boronczyk, Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz; ISBN: 9780470391143
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 29th, 2009, 09:30 AM

Default Configuring Apache to Use PHP

hi my name is ahmad, i read how to install php,apache and mysql carefully.
but i faced some problems.
1- i visited php.net to install php 6.0 but i didn't found it and i follow the instruction in the book and i found version 5.2.11-win32

and i follow all steps in the book until i arrived to the Testing the Configuration page 13 to see if the apache work with php or not but the result is not
please help me with this problem
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:08 PM

Default I have the same problem

I have experienced exactly the same problem. I am using Windows Vista. I checked the online errata using the links on page XXVi - none of them exist. Really not impressed with this book so far. I am getting the impression that PHP6 does not yet exist.

John
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM

I have the exact same problem.

If I edit the httpd.conf file like it says in the Configuring Apache to Use PHP section on pg. 11 and 12 Apache won't run at all. Without adding those lines of code Apache runs and I get the the success message, "It Works!".

And testing the configuration on page 13 fails... the page is blank.

I know no one has responded to this thread to help but did the original posters get this figured out? If you did would you mind sharing what worked for you? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this or point me in a direction where I can get some help if not here.
Old November 8th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Default configuring apache to load php as a module

I had same problem: doing the changes to httpd.conf resulted in apache refusing to start anymore ; commenting them out it started again. I have found my way to the solution through a few web pages and explained it all in my blog www.freetechtips.wordpress.com

Sandro