Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development by Timothy Boronczyk, Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz; ISBN: 9780470391143
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Post problem apache working with php

Hi every one
Beginning PHP6, Apache, My SQL.
Apache httpd-2.2.16 Working on 8080 thats fine for now. MySQL all seems ok. PHP 5.3.3 installed to C:\PHP.
As soon I enter line -128 LoadModule php6_module "C:\PHP\php6apache2_2.dll" then line -388PHPIniDir "C:\PHP",
Apache will not restart...
Windows error =1
Apache logs Return:-
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 128 of C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/php6apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found.
[Wed Sep 08 17:11:05 2010] [warn] (OS 995)The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. : winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
Reading through the forum you have all passed this problem can any one help Please...
Old September 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Authorized User
Points: 152, Level: 3 Points: 152, Level: 3 Points: 152, Level: 3
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi, sorry for imperfect english but i'm italian..

Take care about the version of PHP, the version used in the manual is not the 5.3nn but the 5.2nn, some drivers in the version are completely different, for example the libmysql.dll (not more necessary) and your php5apache2_2.dll.. You have probably the PHP 5.33 nts (non thread safe).. in this version there is not the php5apache2_2.dll, you have to download the PHP 5.33 VC6 ts (thread safe) for work good with Apache 2.2 msi and MySQL 5.1, if not download the 5.2 version more updated and try to work
Old September 21st, 2010, 07:40 AM

Thanks
I loaded php 2.2.14 after post and never set new veriable PHPRC all works ok now, I have new problem now PHP will not talk to mysql. set account in sql localhost bp6am password to bp6ampass, in Creating a database db_ch03-1.php and db_ch03-2.php I receive an error in apache logs <PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\PHP\\ext/msql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0>
I have to go to work now I spray trains in the uk, derby. your english is good better than my italian.
Thanks again DP dave...
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM
Authorized User

Hi Dave

Try to put the libmysql.dll in c:/windows/system32 and then restart apache...

You can find the libmysql.dll in the PHP dir..

However.. This book is full of errors.. :(

Tell me if you have fixed the problem! bye!!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:32 AM

Hi Matt
sorry to be a pain
I've already done that.
Im trying to learn this php so I can keep my partners web site up to date and at the moment the database has lost it connection thats my first thing I have to try and fix the peson who made it never finished it never returned emails?. I made it go live just over a year ago, he'd been working on it since 2006. that's never good for business. Have a look when you time www.thenaturalway-wlc-uk.co.uk Ann my partner runs a weight loss business here in the UK for 16 years it all started in Australia about 25yrs ago.

Regards Dave
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:40 AM

Hi again
just read your message again its full of errors yes its so we have to work it out, sort the men from the boys. I must be a boy, of only 51 yrs of age...
Old September 23rd, 2010, 05:30 PM

Thumbs up

Hi Dmatt
All ok now thanks
went into my system file to checked it was where it should have been for no reason I right clicked to look at propertys there was a message 'BLOCKED'!
I can move on now.
When you have built your web site send us a link

Regards

Dave
Old September 26th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Authorized User

Hi Dave, sorry if i've not reply but i was very busy.
I saw the web site you linked me, it's good! I hope that you and your partners can make big success!
For my web site i'm only at the begin.. but i've a great project, the time is not a problem, only thing must be perfect.. i've 21 y old and i want become a great web master! but, for the moment, go ahead solve these book errors and study study and study :)