Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQL Web Development ISBN: 978-0-7645-5744-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQLWeb Development by Michael K. Glass, Yann Le Scouarnec, Elizabeth Naramore, Gary Mailer, Jeremy Stolz, Jason Gerner; ISBN: 9780764557446
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP, Apache, MySQL Web Development ISBN: 978-0-7645-5744-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old August 5th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Authorized User

Hello??? Is anybody there with an answer or headsup or acknowledgement of my post? The php4apache2.dll is where it belongs, I checked the file and it is in d:/php/sapi. Since I also installed php I completed all instructions given in the "Install PHP" in Appendix I. Any guesses?

Old August 7th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Authorized User

I'm having the exact same problem

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Authorized User

where exactly does the index.html (from page 16) go? do i create a folder in the apache2 folder called "test" or what ? I'm hoping my problem is that minor.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who helps!

Old August 8th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Authorized User

pipdickenz...as for your last post...yes, create the test folder under Apache2 and then put the index.html in there.
as for your other question...and I am quite sure that I will get laughs from others out there more experienced than I but...after farting around with Apache and doing and re-doing installs etc...a friend of mine asked if I had recetly defragged my hard drive. No, I hadn't, and even though the analysis said it wasn't necessary, I did it. Immediately after the defrag was completed, I restarted the machine and Apache worked like a charm.
Hope this helps.
Computers and comuputer science is black magic...

Old August 9th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Friend of Wrox

On Apache can configure the folder where the websites are going to reside. By default is the folder htdocs. You can create as many folder as you want inside that folder. But if you create a test folder outside that folder and you haven;t changed the default folder on the Apache setting it will not work.

Christian

Old August 9th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Authorized User

thanks saross I tried defragging, but it didn't help with the problem, I downloaded the version of apache the book uses, but i still can't get the "If this works we did it" page to work ,my syntax is correct as are my paths, I've tried refreshing and restarting apache, but nothing seems to work and my frustration grows.

Old August 9th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Authorized User

Pip, are you using Windows or Linux?

Old August 9th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Authorized User

pipdickenz, when you go to localhost do you at least get Apache's "success page"?

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Authorized User

I am using windows xp (home edition) and local host does give me the success page. Thank you all for trying to help,but after defragging, downloading 3 different versions of apache, refreshing quiet often and giving it a day I have finally got the "if this works we did it page". I glad I did but I have no idea how or why it worked! I know other people are having the same problem and defragging is sound advice.

Old August 31st, 2004, 02:49 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pipdickenz
 I am using windows xp (home edition) and local host does give me the success page. Thank you all for trying to help,but after defragging, downloading 3 different versions of apache, refreshing quiet often and giving it a day I have finally got the "if this works we did it page". I glad I did but I have no idea how or why it worked! I know other people are having the same problem and defragging is sound advice.

Did you happen to reboot by any chance?