Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning PHP4/PHP 5 ISBN: 978-0-7645-4364-7; v5 ISBN: 978-0-7645-5783-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP4 by Wankyu Choi, Allan Kent, Chris Lea, Ganesh Prasad, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764543647
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP4/PHP 5 ISBN: 978-0-7645-4364-7; v5 ISBN: 978-0-7645-5783-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 13th, 2003, 04:42 AM

Default Beginning PHP4 register_globals=Off

Is there any updated code for the now standard register_globals=Off? I'm just starting to re-work through my book but would like all examples to work with globals off.

Old August 25th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Friend of Wrox

Please review the sticky message in this form at http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1378

Hal Levy
Unemployed (Thanks GWB)
NOT a Wiley/Wrox Employee

Old August 25th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Authorized User

Hal, your sticky note says:

"People posting technical questions about books in this forum will find that they are not getting answers. This is because the technical people do not visit this forum frequently. This is a forum for feedback about books to editors- not for support.

If you have a question that relates to a SPECIFIC book- please post in the appropriate forum in the BOOKS category. If there isn't a forum for the book you have a question about- post it in "Other Wrox Books" and if someone can help you with the question, they will.

If you have a general question about any topic- you can find an appropriate technology specific forum and post there and someone will help you if they can.

Hal Levy
NOT a Wiley/Wrox Employee- Got a job for me?"

Perhaps there is a different sticky note somewhere? I "thought" that this is where the programmer to programmer section was? Or, maybe there should be a PHP link on the http://p2p.wrox.com/ page?

Thanks,
Oregon

Old August 30th, 2003, 02:34 PM
Wrox Author

I think he was trying to say that technical questions should go to the PHP how to, etc boards under 'open source PHP & Linux'. Personally I had no idea this board even existed until today, nor many of us PHP gurus who frequent the other boards. I think its petty much unavoidable to be getting technical questions on this board.. how are all you newbies supposed to know that this is only a feedback forum for the book and not somewhere to air your technical questions? If I were new to wrox this is probably where I'd be taking my questions! And it doesn't make it any easier that PHP is stuck together in with Linux.. though the two are often used together and I see the correlation of 'open source' technologies, the two are completely different. PHP is a language implementble on a multitude of platforms and Linux is an operating system. I don't see where it is helping either to be put in one category together.

Just my two cents, but the books and the technical question forums should be one and the same! I don't think wrox is ever going to get the intended result of only getting feedback for books in the book forums.

: )
Rich

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Smiling Souls
http://www.smilingsouls.net
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::