Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development ISBN: 978-0-7645-7966-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development by Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz, Michael K. Glass; ISBN: 9780764579660
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP5, Apache, and MySQL Web Development ISBN: 978-0-7645-7966-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 25th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Default ch 12 php logins

I have been using the code found on pp 371-372 as a low tech way to authenticate pages. Recently, my ISP was bought out and I moved files over to a GoDaddy.com account (Linux Server). After uploading the exact same site, my login system quit working and displays the following errors:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/spring.php:2) in /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/auth.inc.php on line 1

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/spring.php:2) in /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/auth.inc.php on line 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/spring.php:2) in /home/content/u/s/e/username/html/topics/auth.inc.php on line 6

Godaddy sent me the following response:

Thank you for contacting customer support. Unfortunately, you cannot reference php/cgi/perl scripts from Apache, nor can you call *.html and other Apache loading files from the /cgi directory. This is due to our use of S-Box in conjunction with Apache to maintain the stability of our shared servers. All php/cgi/perl scripts are run in S-Box as a contained
environment, so if a cgi application stalls or breaks the environment, all that needs to be done is reset S-Box to resolve the issue. Due to this, any Apache references to php/cgi/perl will fail. This includes .htaccess files, SSI's, and basic script references. The easiest way around most of these issus is to incoporate your html into a php file, therefore running the html inside S-Box, which will then allow you to call php/cgi/perl files.

I checked to be sure my files were ANSI encoded and that they had no spaces above the php begin tag.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Old March 13th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Authorized User

It si because something is being outputted to the browser on line 2 in spring.php.