Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional VB.NET 2003 by Bill Evjen, Billy Hollis, Rockford Lhotka, Tim McCarthy, Jonathan Pinnock, Rama Ramachandran, Bill Sheldon; ISBN: 9780764559921
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 22nd, 2003, 11:34 AM

Default MDI Form Problem

i created 4 form, they are frmMDI, frmLogin, frmMainMenu, and frmStudent. I want to assign frmLogin, frmMainMenu, frmStudent as the mdichild of the frmMDI, what can i do ?

the flow is like this, when the program run, the frmLogin will run if login successful, the frmMainMenu will show and frmLogin will be closed. When the user click the button at frmMainMenu, the frmStudent will show.

What code i need to write and write to which form ?

thx alot for help.

Old December 27th, 2003, 10:19 PM

First, specify frmMDI as a parent in the properties settings during design mode. for all other forms listed, simply list them as a child owned by the parent as such (example for frmLogin only...all others are similar code):

Private Sub..Event handler to show form, could be menu item, button, whatever...

Dim frmLogin as New frmLogin()
frmLogin.MdiParent = Me
frmLogin.Show()

End Sub

Good luck!