Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional VB.NET 2003 by Bill Evjen, Billy Hollis, Rockford Lhotka, Tim McCarthy, Jonathan Pinnock, Rama Ramachandran, Bill Sheldon; ISBN: 9780764559921
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:38 PM

Default Need help with Excell and VB Macro

I know this is not really Visual Basic.Net stuff but I would like help with one of my Excell spreadsheet ... it does have a visual basic macro in it

The excell spreadsheet was passed onto me by my boss and the person who has written it has departed ...

I am trying very hard to try to make scense of the formulas but I am not successful at it ...

Can someone please help me try to make some scense of this spreadsheet ...

It is not that complecated ...

It does have one visual basic macro that uses the goalseek function ...

I am also trying to find out how the write get the value for the Cell C23 ... for the "Gross" value ...

Can someone please help me out here ???

I will email the excell spread sheet to you ...

My email addresses are

I will greatly appreciate it if someone can help me convert this spreadsheet into Visual Basic.Net !!!

kheemeng@lycos.com
and
Andy_Yeo@lycos.co.uk

Old February 10th, 2004, 03:29 PM

Ok, the type of VB that is used in Office is VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). Similar in that it uses the BASIC structure of code (top to bottom read, until VB came out), but different in that it has a lot of different stuff you can do that pertains directly to the Office suite.

My advice to you:

There is a forum here for Excel VBA, however it looks all but dead (quiet). It can be located here:
http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=30

Another option is http://www.tek-tips.com on their VBA forum (they have a very active VBA forum) for the information you are looking for. This seems to be your best bet, but I would try the local forum first just incase. Make sure to post the code that you are looking at ;)

As for the value of a cell, I believe it's Cell(#).Value . I'd have to look at the few VBA macros I've created to be sure.

Old February 10th, 2004, 03:31 PM

Forgot one link, it's to the actual Excel VBA (not a specific book) forum here:
http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=72